The Barshop Institute for Longevity and Aging Studies
Barshop Institute for Longevity and Aging Studies
FEATURED NEWS ITEMS:
Congratulations to Dr. Veronica Galvan!
Dr. Veronica Galvan was recently Awarded over $900,000 from the South Texas Veterans Health Care System to futher her Alzheimer's Research.
Congratulations to our Director, Dr. Nicolas Musi!
Dr. Nicolas Musi has been Awarded more than $1.5 million from the National Institutes of Health to fund tests of a Novel Anti-inflammatory Drug on Glucose Metabolism.
Published in Methods
Author: Alfred Fisher, M.D., Ph.D., Associate Professor of Medicine, Associate Director of Research - GRECC, Center for Healthy Aging
Published in Nature Genetics
Author: Suzette Tardif, Ph.D., Professor of Cellular and Structural Biology
The Barshop Institute is dedicated to the promotion of healthy aging for everyone. Its world-class scientific community of researchers and physicians seek discoveries to treat and ameliorate the underlying causes of aging, a cost-effective approach to broadly enhance the quality of later life. We invite you to explore our website to learn about the extraordinary work of our community of researchers and physicians.
- "The Barshop Institute featured in the July 2014 San Antonio Medicine Magazine
- "UTHSCSA is Committed to Keeping The Barshop Institute Cutting-Edge"
- Dr. Nicolas Musi, Director of the Barshop Institute, receives $600,000 Grant from the American Diabetes Association
- "How This Naked Mole Rat Could Help You Live Longer"
- Recruiting Assistant Professor / Associate Professor / Professor -- The Barshop Institute for Longevity and Aging Studies
- Fall 2014 Barshop Seminar Series Schedule of Speakers September 3, 2014- December 17, 2014
- "Gene Networks Regulating Lipid Metabolism and Starvation Survival" Barshop Institute Seminar Series for Wednesday November 5, 2014
- "Role of PAPP-A in Aging and Age-Related Disease" Barshop Institute Seminar Series for Wednesday November 12, 2014
The Sam and Ann Barshop Institute for Longevity and Aging Studies
15355 Lambda Drive
San Antonio, Texas 78245
P: 210-562-6140 F: 210-562-6110