The Barshop Institute for Longevity and Aging Studies
Barshop Institute for Longevity and Aging Studies
FEATURED NEWS ITEMS:
Congratulations to the Winners of the
Joe H. Ward, Jr. and Bettie B. Ward Award
for Excellence in the Study of the Biology of Aging
(pictured L-R: Mr. Brad Ward, Mrs. Bettie B. Ward, Dr. Nicolas Musi, Dr. Karl Rodriguez, Amanda Galán, Dr. Lily Dong)
Postdoctoral Winner: Karl Rodriguez, Ph.D.
Mentor: Rochelle Buffenstein, Ph.D.
Graduate Student Winner: Amanda Galán
Mentor: Lily Dong, Ph.D.
The UT Health Science Center and the World Stem Cell Summit
are pleased to invite you to this free Public Education Day, which will focus on common questions and practices in the world of stem cells and regenerative medicine.
Date/Time: Tuesday December 2, 2014 from 9am - 4pm
Location: UT Health Science Center at San Antonio,
7703 Floyd Curl Drive, San Antonio, TX 78229
Published in Frontiers in Molecular Neuroscience
First Author: Karl Rodriguez, Ph.D., Postdoctoral Fellow of the Barshop Institute
The Barshop Institute is dedicated to the promotion of healthy aging for everyone. Its world-class scientific community of researchers and physicians seek discoveries to treat and ameliorate the underlying causes of aging, a cost-effective approach to broadly enhance the quality of later life. We invite you to explore our website to learn about the extraordinary work of our community of researchers and physicians.
- "The Barshop Institute featured in the July 2014 San Antonio Medicine Magazine
- "UTHSCSA is Committed to Keeping The Barshop Institute Cutting-Edge"
- Dr. Nicolas Musi, Director of the Barshop Institute, receives $600,000 Grant from the American Diabetes Association
- "How This Naked Mole Rat Could Help You Live Longer"
- Recruiting Assistant Professor / Associate Professor / Professor -- The Barshop Institute for Longevity and Aging Studies
- Fall 2014 Barshop Seminar Series Schedule of Speakers September 3, 2014- December 17, 2014
- "NIA-Aging Interventions Testing Program: An Update" Barshop Institute Seminar Series for Wednesday December 3, 2014
The Sam and Ann Barshop Institute for Longevity and Aging Studies
15355 Lambda Drive
San Antonio, Texas 78245
P: 210-562-6140 F: 210-562-6110