The Barshop Institute for Longevity and Aging Studies
Barshop Institute for Longevity and Aging Studies
FEATURED NEWS ITEMS:
2014 San Antonio Nathan Shock Center Conference on Aging
"The Microbiome in Aging and Age-Related Disease"
October 16-19, 2014
The Mayan Ranch, Bandera, TX
"A Cytosolic Protein Factor from the Naked Mole-Rat Activates Proteasomes of Other Species and Protects These from Inhibition"
Published in Molecular Basis of Disease
First Author: Karl Rodriguez, Ph.D., Postdoctoral Fellow in Dr. Rochelle Buffenstein's Lab
Published in Diabetes
Author: Nicolas Musi, M.D., Professor of Medicine and Director of the Barshop Institute
"Testing Efficacy of Administration of the Antiaging Drug Rapamycin in a Nonhuman Primate, the Common Marmoset"
Published in the Journals of Gerontology
First Author: Suzette Tardif, Ph.D., Professor of the Barshop Institutetest
The Barshop Institute is dedicated to the promotion of healthy aging for everyone. Its world-class scientific community of researchers and physicians seek discoveries to treat and ameliorate the underlying causes of aging, a cost-effective approach to broadly enhance the quality of later life. We invite you to explore our website to learn about the extraordinary work of our community of researchers and physicians.
- Dr. Nicolas Musi, Director of the Barshop Institute, receives $600,000 Grant from the American Diabetes Association
- "How This Naked Mole Rat Could Help You Live Longer"
- Scientists Unlock Clues To Modern Day Fountain Of Youth
- Recruiting Assistant Professor / Associate Professor / Professor -- The Barshop Institute for Longevity and Aging Studies
- Center for Healthy Aging Recruiting Clinical and Research Faculty
- "Neuronal Replacement in Adult Brain" Barshop Institute Seminar Series for Wednesday September 3, 2014
- "Microvascular Mechanisms Contributing to Organismal Aging" Barshop Institute Seminar Series for Wednesday September 10, 2014
- 2014 San Antonio Nathan Shock Center Conference on Aging October 16-19, 2014
The Sam and Ann Barshop Institute for Longevity and Aging Studies
15355 Lambda Drive
San Antonio, Texas 78245
P: 210-562-6140 F: 210-562-6110