The Barshop Institute for Longevity and Aging Studies
Barshop Institute for Longevity and Aging Studies
FEATURED NEWS ITEMS:
Dr. Randy Strong is interviewed by the Texas Tribune!
(Dr. Randy Strong, Professor of Pharmacology, Director of the NIA Interventions Testing Program)
Dr. Randy Strong discusses his work as Director of the NIA-funded Intervention Testing Program where he researches aging-delaying compounds.
"Sustained high levels of neuroprotective, high molecular weight, phosphorylated tau in the longest-lived rodent"
Published in Neurobiology of Aging
Dr. Miranda Orr, Postdoctoral Fellow,
Valentina Garbarino, Graduate Research Assistant,
From the laboratory of Dr. Rochelle Buffenstein
Published in Current Trends in Neurology
Dr. Veronica Galvan, Assistant Professor of Physiology
The Barshop Institute is dedicated to the promotion of healthy aging for everyone. Its world-class scientific community of researchers and physicians seek discoveries to treat and ameliorate the underlying causes of aging, a cost-effective approach to broadly enhance the quality of later life. We invite you to explore our website to learn about the extraordinary work of our community of researchers and physicians.
- Dr. Randy Strong discuss the work of the NIA-funded Interventions Testing Program here at the Barshop Institute
- Dr. Veronica Galvan discusses her work on Alzheimer's disease and the aging brain in San Antonio Magazine
- "UTHSCSA is Committed to Keeping The Barshop Institute Cutting-Edge"
- Recruiting Assistant Professor / Associate Professor / Professor -- The Barshop Institute for Longevity and Aging Studies
- Center for Healthy Aging Recruiting Clinical and Research Faculty
- Spring 2015 Barshop Seminar Series Schedule of Speakers Spring 2015 Barshop Seminar Series Schedule of Speakers
- "San Antonio Nathan Shock Center for Excellence in the Biology of Aging Informational Session" Barshop Seminar Series for Wednesday April 1, 2015
- "The Role of Soluble Adenylyl Cyclase in the Regulation of Mitochondrial Function" Barshop Institute Seminar Series for Wednesday April 8, 2015
- 2015 San Antonio Nathan Shock Center Conference on Aging October 15-18, 2015
The Sam and Ann Barshop Institute for Longevity and Aging Studies
15355 Lambda Drive
San Antonio, Texas 78245
P: 210-562-6140 F: 210-562-6110