NIA Training Program for Research Scientists in the Biology of Aging
Program Director: Nicolas Musi, MD
Program Co-Director: Peter Hornsby, PhD
The Biology of Aging Program embodies the departments of Physiology, Cellular and Structural Biology, Pathology, and Pharmacology of the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences as well as the Dental and Medical Schools of the UT Health Science Center. This program provides stipends and training to pre- and postdoctoral fellows who are interested in basic research that holds promise for practical application towards lifespan intervention.
This training program for research scientists covers such areas as the of genetics of aging, lifespan, and intervention analyses in animal models and age-related diseases. Trainees will participate in programs involving such topics as:
- Gene Expression Profiling
- Somatic Mutations
- Epigenetic Changes
- Free Radicals
- Oxidative Damage
- DNA Damage and Repair
- Endocrine and Immune Systems
- Transmembrane Signaling
- Oncogenes and Tumor Suppressor Genes
- Differentiation and Apoptosis
- Molecular Aspects of Age-Associated Disease
POSTDOCTORAL FELLOWSHIP IN THE BIOLOGY OF AGING
AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY AT THE
UT HEALTH SCIENCE CENTER AT SAN ANTONIO
1. Postdoctoral positions on our National Institute on Aging funded Biology of Aging Training Grant are now available. To apply, please send (1) a curriculum vitae, (2) a letter describing your research accomplishments to date, (3) the nature of your experience and interest in the biology of aging, (4) three letters of reference, (5) the earliest date you could start your fellowship, and (6) a list of three mentors chosen from the list of faculty members from the Biology of Aging Training Grant with whom you could imaging working -- see list at right-- to Dr. Nicolas Musi. Contact with prospective mentors prior to application is strongly recommended.
designated as security sensitive positions; U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Resident Required.
The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer