The Barshop Institute for Longevity and Aging Studies
Barshop Institute for Longevity and Aging Studies
FEATURED NEWS ITEMS:
Congratulations to Dr. Rochelle Buffenstein and Dr. Adam Salmon!
(pictured L-R: Dr. Rochelle Buffenstein, Professor of Physiology, Dr. Adam Salmon, Assistant Professor/Research)
They were both awarded grants from the American Heart Association to further their research.
Published in Frontiers in Molecular Neuroscience
First Author: Karl Rodriguez, Ph.D., Postdoctoral Fellow of the Barshop Institute
The Barshop Institute is dedicated to the promotion of healthy aging for everyone. Its world-class scientific community of researchers and physicians seek discoveries to treat and ameliorate the underlying causes of aging, a cost-effective approach to broadly enhance the quality of later life. We invite you to explore our website to learn about the extraordinary work of our community of researchers and physicians.
- "The Barshop Institute featured in the July 2014 San Antonio Medicine Magazine
- "UTHSCSA is Committed to Keeping The Barshop Institute Cutting-Edge"
- Dr. Nicolas Musi, Director of the Barshop Institute, receives $600,000 Grant from the American Diabetes Association
- "How This Naked Mole Rat Could Help You Live Longer"
- Recruiting Assistant Professor / Associate Professor / Professor -- The Barshop Institute for Longevity and Aging Studies
The Sam and Ann Barshop Institute for Longevity and Aging Studies
15355 Lambda Drive
San Antonio, Texas 78245
P: 210-562-6140 F: 210-562-6110