The Barshop Institute for Longevity and Aging Studies
Barshop Institute for Longevity and Aging Studies
FEATURED NEWS ITEMS:
SAVE THE DATE:
San Antonio Nathan Shock Center
2015 Conference on Aging!
Registration Information Coming Soon!
"Sustained high levels of neuroprotective, high molecular weight, phosphorylated tau in the longest-lived rodent"
Published in Neurobiology of Aging
Dr. Miranda Orr, Postdoctoral Fellow,
Valentina Garbarino, Graduate Research Assistant,
From the laboratory of Dr. Rochelle Buffenstein
Published in Current Trends in Neurology
Dr. Veronica Galvan, Assistant Professor of Physiology
The Barshop Institute is dedicated to the promotion of healthy aging for everyone. Its world-class scientific community of researchers and physicians seek discoveries to treat and ameliorate the underlying causes of aging, a cost-effective approach to broadly enhance the quality of later life. We invite you to explore our website to learn about the extraordinary work of our community of researchers and physicians.
- Volunteers Needed for Research Study on Insulin Resistance
- Dr. Randy Strong discuss the work of the NIA-funded Interventions Testing Program here at the Barshop Institute
- Dr. Veronica Galvan discusses her work on Alzheimer's disease and the aging brain in San Antonio Magazine
- "UTHSCSA is Committed to Keeping The Barshop Institute Cutting-Edge"
- Recruiting Assistant Professor / Associate Professor / Professor -- The Barshop Institute for Longevity and Aging Studies
- Spring 2015 Barshop Seminar Series Schedule of Speakers Spring 2015 Barshop Seminar Series Schedule of Speakers
- "Innate Immune Molecules at the Crossroads of Lung Injury & Aging Response" Barshop Institute Seminar Series for Wednesday April 29, 2015
- 2015 San Antonio Nathan Shock Center Conference on Aging October 15-18, 2015
The Sam and Ann Barshop Institute for Longevity and Aging Studies
15355 Lambda Drive
San Antonio, Texas 78245
P: 210-562-6140 F: 210-562-6110