The Barshop Institute for Longevity and Aging Studies
Barshop Institute for Longevity and Aging Studies
FEATURED NEWS ITEMS:
Dr. Veronica Galvan featured in San Antonio Magazine
(Dr. Veronica Galvan, Assistant Professor of Physiology)
Dr. Veronica Galvan discusses her work on Alzheimer's Disease and the Aging Brain in the latest issue of San Antonio Magazine.
"Questioning the preclinical paradigm: natural, extreme biology as an alternative discovery platform"
Published in Aging
Dr. Rochelle Buffenstein, Professor of Physiology
"Obesity-induced oxidative stress, accelerated functional decline with age and increased mortality in mice"
Published in Archives of Biochemistry and Biophysics
Dr. Adam Salmon, Assistant Professor of Molecular Medicine
The Barshop Institute is dedicated to the promotion of healthy aging for everyone. Its world-class scientific community of researchers and physicians seek discoveries to treat and ameliorate the underlying causes of aging, a cost-effective approach to broadly enhance the quality of later life. We invite you to explore our website to learn about the extraordinary work of our community of researchers and physicians.
- Dr. Veronica Galvan discusses her work on Alzheimer's disease and the aging brain in San Antonio Magazine
- "The Barshop Institute featured in the July 2014 San Antonio Medicine Magazine
- "UTHSCSA is Committed to Keeping The Barshop Institute Cutting-Edge"
- Dr. Nicolas Musi, Director of the Barshop Institute, receives $600,000 Grant from the American Diabetes Association
- Recruiting Assistant Professor / Associate Professor / Professor -- The Barshop Institute for Longevity and Aging Studies
- Spring 2015 Barshop Seminar Series Schedule of Speakers Spring 2015 Barshop Seminar Series Schedule of Speakers
- "Epigenetic Regulation of Genetic Integrity" Barshop Institue Seminar Series for Wednesday February 4, 2015
The Sam and Ann Barshop Institute for Longevity and Aging Studies
15355 Lambda Drive
San Antonio, Texas 78245
P: 210-562-6140 F: 210-562-6110