A Double-blind, Placebo Controlled, Randomized INTerventional Clinical Trial (SARA-INT Study)
Purpose of this Study
The purpose of this research study is to evaluate whether a medication called BIO 101 can help:
- Treat sarcopenia, including sarcopenic obesity;
- Improve muscle function and/or muscle mass.
You may qualify if:
- Age 65 and older
- A non-smoker
- Experiencing fatigue or recent decrease in energy/strength
- Having symptoms of muscle weakness or loss of physical function
- Willing to participate in light physical activity
You may NOT qualify if:
- Live in a nursing home or assisted living
- Have cancer or are undergoing cancer treatment
- Have a chronic inflammatory diseases, such as rheumatoid arthritis or lupus
- Have a chronic disabling disease
Duration of the Study:
This is a six-month study with up to six study visits.
- Medical history
- Physical examination/assessment
- Blood tests
- Body composition (DEXA)
- Gallbladder ultrasound
- Urine collection
UT Medical Arts and Research Center (UT MARC)
8300 Floyd Curl Drive
San Antonio, TX 78229
Up to $350 is offered for the completion of this study.
Nicolas Musi, MD
For more information or to volunteer in a study:
- Call (210) 450-3333
- If you prefer that we contact you, please fill out the form below.