Effects of Creatine Supplementation in Breast Cancer Survivors
*This study is now fully enrolled and no additional subjects are currently being recruited.
Purpose of this Study
To test whether creatine supplements can accelerate improvements in strength and endurance associated with exercise in breast cancer survivors who recently completed chemotherapy.
You may qualify if you are:
- Age 18-75 years old
- Are a breast cancer survivor
- Completed chemotherapy in the last 6 months
You may NOT qualify if you:
- Are male
- Are pregnant or plan to get pregnant
- Are currently taking creatine supplements
Duration of Study
The study involves 5 in clinic study visits over the course of approximately 12 weeks.
The study also involves 3 virtual exercise sessions per week for 12 weeks.
- Medical history
- Physical performance
- Blood tests
- DEXA Scan
- MRI of the thigh
- Fitness assessments
UT Health San Antonio
Sam and Ann Barshop Institute for Longevity and Aging Studies
4939 Charles Katz Dr.
San Antonio, TX 78229
Up to $280 plus a Fitbit Inspire HR and exercise bands to keep.
Darpan Patel, PhD
For more information or to volunteer in a study:
- Call (210) 606-2437
- To find out if you’re eligible please fill out the online form: https://redcap.link/THRIVEStudy
- If you prefer that we contact you, please fill out the form below.