The Barshop Institute for Longevity and Aging Studies
Barshop Institute for Longevity and Aging Studies
FEATURED NEWS ITEMS:
Congratulations to Dr. Adam Salmon!
Dr. Salmon recently received over $2.7 million in funding from the NIH to study "The role of mTOR inhibition on longevity and aging in a non-human primate".
San Antonio’s Barshop Institute wins
two prestigious grants
Congratulations to the researchers of the Barshop Institute for successfully competing for two center grants from the National Institute on Aging totaling $7 million in funding!
"Chronic mTOR Inhibition in Mice with Rapamycin alters T, B, myeloid, and Innate Lymphoid Cells and Gut Flora and Prolongs Life of Immune-deficient Mice"
Published in Aging Cell
Tyler Curiel, M.D., M.P.H., Professor of Medicine - Hematology and Medical Oncology
Published in Oncotarget
Paul Hasty, D.V.M, Ph.D., Professor of Molecular Medicine
The Barshop Institute is dedicated to the promotion of healthy aging for everyone. Its world-class scientific community of researchers and physicians seek discoveries to treat and ameliorate the underlying causes of aging, a cost-effective approach to broadly enhance the quality of later life. We invite you to explore our website to learn about the extraordinary work of our community of researchers and physicians.
- San Antonio’s Barshop Institute wins two prestigious grants
- Silk fibers could one day help relieve dry mouth
- Fountain of youth? S.A. scientists testing breakthrough aging drug
- Volunteers Needed for Research Study on Insulin Resistance
- Dr. Randy Strong discuss the work of the NIA-funded Interventions Testing Program here at the Barshop Institute
- Fall 2015 Barshop Institute Seminar Series Schedule Fall 2015 Barshop Institute Seminar Series Schedule
- "Integrated Omics to Expose Memory Mechanisms in Health and Disease" Barshop Institute Seminar for Wednesday December 2, 2015
The Sam and Ann Barshop Institute for Longevity and Aging Studies
15355 Lambda Drive
San Antonio, Texas 78245
P: 210-562-6140 F: 210-562-6110