Studies Currently Recruiting
The purpose of the South Texas Aging Registry and Repository (STARR) is to collect health information, blood and specimens to store for future research purposes. We want to learn more about how to improve the health and quality of life of older adults. We are also working to learn how genes affect the way a person ages or how aging influences genes and the cells they affect.
You know that exercise is good for your health, but have you ever wondered why? We’re looking for men and women who are 18 years of age and older to participate in our MoTrPAC research study.
Have you or a loved one been diagnosed with early Alzheimer’s disease? This study may provide some help for you and others in the future by evaluating if a medication will effectively prevent decline and loss of function in the nervous system.
Looking for participants who are 60 and older, overweight, and have borderline diabetes. We want to evaluate the effect of the FDA approved medication dapagliflozin on the reduction of cellular damage, pro-inflammatory cells of aging and other known markers of biological aging.
This study aims to gather input from women aged 60 and over who are currently experiencing binge eating. We are particularly interested in how we can modify treatments to better suit the needs and lifestyles of women over 60.
- All of Us Research Program
- Growth Hormone Replacement Therapy in Veterans with mild Traumatic Brain Injury (mTBI) and Adult Growth Hormone Deficiency (AGHD): The GRIT Study
- Metformin in Alzheimer’s Dementia Prevention (MAP)
- Single nuclei RNA-seq to map adipose cellular populations and senescent cells in older subjects (SenNet KAPP)
- Targeting Aging with Metformin (TAME)
Studies Closed to Enrollment
- Targeting Pro-Inflammatory Cells in Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis: a Human Trial
- The Effects of Nicotinamide Adenine Dinucleotide (NAD) on Brain Function and Cognition
- Mechanism of Microbiome-induced Insulin Resistance in Humans (Aim1)
- Mechanism of Microbiome-induced Insulin Resistance in Humans (Aim2)
- The Physiological Effects of Intranasal Oxytocin on Sarcopenic Obesity (INOSO)
- Effect of mTOR Inhibition and Other Metabolism Modulating Interventions on the Elderly
- Healthy Weight Intervention
- Effect of Stress Busting Program on Caregivers’ Quality of Life, Immunology/Stress Biomarkers and Cellular Aging
- Effects of Methylene Blue in Healthy Aging, Mild Cognitive Impairment and Alzheimer’s Disease (MB2)
- Effect of Proton Pump Inhibitors on Gut Microbiota and Systemic Inflammation in Older Adults
- Aspirin in Reducing Events in the Elderly Extension
- Effects of topical Rapamycin Ointment
- Effect of Behavioral Lifestyle Intervention on Frailty in Older Adults with Diabetes: A Pilot Study (Behave Study)
- A Double-blind, Placebo Controlled, Randomized INTerventional Clinical Trial (SARA-INT Study)
- Impact of Metformin on Immunity (Immune/Met Study)
- Cognition, Age and Rapamycin Effectiveness-Downregulation of the mTor Pathway (CARPE DIEM Study)